The inaugural meeting was held on the Thursday 17th January 1946 at 4 Angel Court, Throgmorton Street.
Unfortunately no notes exist prior to this date regarding the actual creation of the Club, although it seems likely that some discussion must have taken place beforehand to come up with the structure created.
Alderman Sir Bracewell Smith BSc – who became our 1st President. (elected Lord Mayor in November 1946)
Major Alfred Rice JP, CC, who became Master
Mr W.A. Hicks – who became Upper Warden
Mr R Jeffryes – who became Lower Warden
Mr H.L. Tabor
Mr A.E. Johnson
Mr R.T.Rivington MA. LLB – who became Hon Secretary
Mr R.M.Hicks – who became Asst Hon Secretary
Mr E Wheeler FCII who became Hon Treasurer
In addition, the following were appointed as Vice Presidents;
Deputy Sir H Percy Shepherd CC
Rt Hon Ralph Assheton M.P.
He was MP for Rushcliffe 1934-1945, for City of London 1945 – 1950 (when the constituency was abolished) and the only
MP for Blackburn West 1950 -1955 as this constituency was created in 1950 and abolished in 1955.
Alderman Sir Percy Walker Greenaway Bt
Mr C.F.Lewis CC
Mr W.E.Rice O.B.E., J.P.
Mr H.R. Tabor
Sir Edward Worthington K.C.V.O.
At the proposal of the President and seconded by Mr Tabor it was agreed that the Rules of the Club as proposed by the Master should be adopted (Copy not yet found
It was agreed that the Officers of the Club be elected annually at a meeting to be held in February or at any other time as may be agreed upon.
The Master and the President both addressed the meeting as to the reasons for the creation of the Club and the advantages the Ward would derive from it. (Original reasons not found or minuted.